jeudi 17 avril 2014

The audacity of imperfection

About beauty. It's a touchy subject. I myself is neither beautiful or ugly but both at the same time. I hate myself on pictures. It never stop me to have the men or the boys I wanted but then again when you think that some men would fuck a cow it puts everything else under a different light. I never put to much importance in beauty myself Im not vain first of all.I'm always amazed at the number of pretty girls. Beauty is much more common than we think. I like to think that charm class and intelligence are more rare. I guess it has to be a blend of a certain way of being beautiful, lovely elegant and witty as an effortless attitude.  My grand mother always said that what matters is not beauty but the confidence of being beautiful.The individuality. The personality. Maybe I wish of being more photogenic. But at my age it is more and more difficult. Somehow pictures dont have pity. There is a book of Milan Kundera where the heroin says that there is a moment in her life where she realizes that what is in the mirror will be herself whether it corresponds to the idea that she had of herself. We are born the way we are either we accept it or we go through plastic surgery. I wonder if I had more money if I would have changed anything on me. My chin my nose my lips my wrinkles. I cam't answer that but I don't think I would have changed anything. Maybe my ego is to strong. I have the audacity to like myself the way I am. It serves me well until now. I don't know why it would change. I know i don't correspond to the image of stereotype beauty but I couldn't care less. It made me the way I am. And I have to admit I like who I am. My imperfect self. 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire